Saturday, June 28, 2008

UH-OH!!!!!

Yes my friends Michael's very first word. Everything is uh-oh. I have tried mama, dada, Tori, etc. Everything we see we tell him the name. He loves books, and loves being read it, but alas his word is uh-oh. I cannot believe that he is almost 11 months old. Tori asked if we could start planning his birthday party...of course. I love to plan parties it is one of my FAVORITE things to do.

Speaking of uh-ohs. I have a co-worker/friend who was very pregnant. Her husband and son left on Thursday for Washington State she needed to finish up working here and was to join them the following Wednesday (37 weeks pregnant). Anyway I saw her yesterday and told her if she needed anything to call me because I was working this weekend and had no life. My uh-oh was I forgot to bring my phone into our bedroom last night and she called. I realized she called 20 minutes later. She drove herself in labor to the hospital. She is my HERO. She and her baby are perfectly fine and healthy. I still cannot believe that I forgot my phone...Uh-oh

2 comments:

Megan said...

Uh-Oh is right! Vicky is amazing! And if I were to tell Oliver about Michael's first word he would say: that doesn't count--it's not a word. :) Uh-oh was the first word of another friend's child. She kept trying to tell us he could speak when all he would say was uh-oh...for everything. :) But I believe you. Don't worry.

Smathers House of Girls said...

Uh-oh is Lacey's favorite word. Well, that and Hailey which sounds kind of like Ay-ee. She'll say it before she drops something. At least she's giving us a heads up. :)