Friday, May 23, 2008

American Idol: The Dueling Davids



I am not a patient woman. For those of you who know me well are not surprised by this tidbit of information. At times I become frustrated with Tori because she is not patient either. I most likely become frustrated because I recognize this same characteristic in myself. Anyway American Idol's finale I found to be really LONG this year. At 8pm MDT I called my sister in NY to found out who won (time change), but she was sleeping at 10pm...must be nice. Thankfully I found the results online and knew who won. I really was not surprised. David Cook is a musician and deep down I still appreciate the 80's rock. I am still in love with Chris Daughtry, and he proved that winning American Idol does not guarantee you a music career. Taylor Who? In short both Davids will go on and have music careers. I enjoyed this season so much. Last season was DREADFUL. There was talent this year even though Brooke White and Jason Castro annoyed me. I am excited for season 8. I am also excited that they will hold try-outs in SLC this summer (they are my favorite).

In short great season! Maybe some day I will vote.....

1 comment:

Smathers House of Girls said...

Jake bought Hails and I tickets to the concert this summer. This was the firt season that Hails watched it with me. She LOVED Jason Castro. I was a David fan...for both of them. Cook was my favorite (espeially Ellenor Rigby week) but David Archuletta is just so darn adorable.