Friday, January 23, 2009

BUNGEE CORD

Jared has been home with us this week. He has been quite helpful. He has helped me and played with the kids. Michael is not a big fan of Dad being at home because Dad has changed his world. Jared got tired of taking Michael off of the kitchen table, opening and pulling out everything from the kitchen cupboards. So Jared (because he is wonderful) has installed BUNGEE cords everywhere. The bungee cords keep the kitchen chairs around the table and the kitchen cupboards safe from the grasp of the 17 month-old man cub. Life is grand. Oh and he got tired of the kids waking one another up, so he separated their beds (no more bunk beds) and he put up a wall to divide them (they each have their own space). Again life is grand!!!I love having him home. I love that he can build and fix anything. I love that he loves us. And most importantly I love BUNGEE CORDS.

5 comments:

Smathers House of Girls said...

Nice! I woke up the other night to Hails and Lacey hysterically laughing. It was midnight! I'm glad he's home!

Amy said...

Bungee cords? We've had this problem since Ben has been 9 months old. WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT? His latest is getting the sugar canister down, carrying it to his room and helping himself! Ugh. Jared is brilliant.

Shauna said...

Thank goodness for Jared! AND moving soon to a bigger space where your kids can play away from the kitchen and all the messy wonders.

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

That is awesome, now if only I could get a bungee cord attached to Reagan so she can't wander off and do all the crazy things

Sarraphim said...

Whoa, spiffing! That's awesome. :D And, I'm sure it's great to have Jared home. Yay for the Parrottis!