Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer has arrived


So as much as I love reading other people's blogs I am not very good about updating mine basically because I am not good about bringing our camara to capture our life. Also I am usually way too busy. I feel as though I live in a state of constant chaos. Wonderful chaos, but chaos nevertheless.

Where to begin...Tori is happily watching Sesame Street and Michael is taking his first nap of the day (it is 1:15pm). We went to play group today. Tori loves her friends. She has really grown up over the course of the last year. There were no melt downs about sharing, etc. She happily played. It was so nice. We try to spend everyday at the pool. Even though she had her scary experience in California she will sit in the children's pool for hours (if we let her), she is afraid of the big pool, but I am grateful that she still will go near the water. Michael on the other had not such a huge fan of the children's pool, he likes the big pool. Needless to say Jared and I both need to go to the pool with them. It is fun.

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a crazy day since I had new RA training, and getting ready for check-outs for current residents. Jared and I managed to go out for dinner. It was so nice to have dinner by ourselves. We were married for 3 1/2 years before Tori was born. We went out a lot. Having children has been a huge adjustment to our relationship. We love them, but I often do not focus as much on our relationship.

Michael started taking real steps yesterday. He also likes to spend his time emptying out all of our kitchen cupboards. I found him the other day playing in the baking soda. His sister left the bathroom door open she his lifted the lid up on the toilet and splashed around in the water (GROSS). I am not ready for this next stage. It is amazing how much I have forgotten. I am CONVINCED that the Lord allows you to forget so that we will have more children. If I remembered everything....

While we were in CA we went to the best place in Oakland...Children's Fairyland. It is so much fun. Children's literature comes alive. We would pass by the different stories and Tori would start to repeat them. They have rides, a puppet show. We had a great day.







1 comment:

lori said...

So glad you've been updating. I love reading Tori stories and can't BELIEVE michael and his standing and walking and general strength!

But how did I miss that it was your birthday last week!!? Bother. Happy late birthday! And Jared's is tomorrow, right? We need to have a little celebration! Or you at least need to let us have a play date with your kids so you can have another date with your husband!

We'll talk...